Heat or eat
Are you worried about the cost of living and rising fuel bills?
Community Energy Champions will be on hand to provide free, impartial advice at weekly drop-ins each Tuesday throughout September at Eastgate Baptist Church. You can pop along to have a chat with them over a free cuppa between 1.30pm – 3.30pm and they can help with:
- Checking eligibility for financial support
- Signposting to local support and initiatives to help with the cost of living
- A free Energy Bill Health-Check (don’t forget to bring along recent bills!)
- Advice and tips on reducing energy usage in the home
- Advice on preparing for the colder months
- Providing free energy reducing kits and insulation materials for the home
The rising cost of living and fuel bills is a worrying time for many and this provides a safe and neutral space for local residents to come along and access advice and support. These informal drop-ins are supported by Ovesco CiC, Clevedown, Lewes & Villages Seniors, Lewes Climate Hub, Power Partners and Lewes District Council. There will also be a local councillor on-hand at each session.